[Show all top banners]

Replies to this thread:

More by Shrisha
What people are reading
:: Subscribe
Back to: Kurakani General Refresh page to view new replies
 Question to CPAs /CPA info experts
SAVE! for ease of future access.
Posted on 01-17-11 10:59 AM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Hi all-

I'm looking to get  a CPA license and trying to attempt the exams, but it looks like AICPA requires some work experience in addition to college degrees. The work also has to be done under a licensed CPA's supervision. I have an MBA from Nepal, and have worked in the field, but not under a CPA's supervision. Does that mean I and many others that want to attempt CPA are not eligible?  I read and re-read the sites and did enough of google searches, but can't find a single explanation related to this. I also wonder if supervision under a Chartered Accountant is even considered as an equivalent. Can someone in the field or have knowledge about it help clarify my confusion? Thank you so much in advance.

Posted on 01-18-11 10:24 AM     [Snapshot: 51]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Bumping this up, hoping to get some advice. Thanks.

Posted on 01-18-11 10:46 AM     [Snapshot: 69]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    


The requirement for the CPA varies from state to state. If you have MBA from Nepal then you should contact the state CPA board where you want to take examinations and then do the evaluation of your degree. Just send them email and ask about their requirements and explain about your educational backgrounds. I have heard the requirements in CO state is not that strict as that of other states follow the link below for some informations. I did little research for one of my friend who is CA in Nepal and wants to do CPA.



Posted on 01-18-11 11:23 AM     [Snapshot: 81]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

 As the last replier pointed, every state has different requirements for the CPA exam, but most of the states require an eligible candidate to complete 27 to 30 hours of (upper level) accounting courses, except for DE, CO and some other state. In addition, the candidate should meet 150 hours of business courses. In my opinion, the courses you took in Nepal might not get fully transfered out here because of the different accounting principles adopted by GAAP and FASB (Financial Accounting Standard Board). But you might want to contact your state CPA board to verify the information.

However, if the board allows you to sit for a CPA exam, as you mentioned, you would need to complete 1 or 2 years of auditing or public accounting experience under a licensed CPA in addition to completion of all 4 CPA exams, before you are designated with a CPA title. Like I said, your experience under a Chartered Accountant, may or may not qualify due to difference in accounting principles and practices in USA and Nepal. If I were you, I would contact the state CPA board for more information.
Posted on 01-18-11 1:32 PM     [Snapshot: 126]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

 Try Kentucky state CPA requirements. The requirements are lax and you can take exams from anywhere in the country. Goos Luck.

Please Log in! to be able to reply! If you don't have a login, please register here.



Within last 60 days
Recommended Popular Threads Controvertial Threads
##केटा हो ,*Monthly* कती *SAVE* हुन्छ ? ##
ChatSansar.com Naya Nepal Chat
सालीको चाक
नयाँ नक्शा, नागरिक्ता येन र MCC
के नेपाल टाट पल्टी सकेको हो ?
Kathmandu- the capital of political ideas?
Balen Shah and the hype
सालीको चाक-२ ( डिप्रेसन् यात्रा )
अनुज थापाले पाए ११ करोड १० लाख अमेरिकी डलर
TIA -- Travel Related Covid Infomation
Abortion should be illegal in US
बडो दुबिधा - career
Bibeksheel Sajha Party and Balen Shah
साझाका लेखाईले आतंकित बनाउछ
Could crypto be a scam?
How's brain of Republican wired? School Shootings Data
Nepali students flooding Australia
Name of alleged rapist of beauty pageant revealed
Tennessee passed no purchasing online Plan B
Immigration court
NOTE: The opinions here represent the opinions of the individual posters, and not of Sajha.com. It is not possible for sajha.com to monitor all the postings, since sajha.com merely seeks to provide a cyber location for discussing ideas and concerns related to Nepal and the Nepalis. Please send an email to admin@sajha.com using a valid email address if you want any posting to be considered for deletion. Your request will be handled on a one to one basis. Sajha.com is a service please don't abuse it. - Thanks.

Sajha.com Privacy Policy

Like us in Facebook!

↑ Back to Top
free counters